Is jumping on a trampoline good exercise?
ACTIVE PLAY - THE KEY TO WELLBEING
SCIENTISTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD SUPPORT THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS. IT IS THROUGH MOVEMENT THE CHILD DEVELOPS HER MOTOR SKILLS AND LEARNS TO WALK – AN ABILITY WE ALL SHOULD BE MORE PRONE TO USE.
During childhood, the body develops both physically, cognitively and mentally; both organs and body’s grow bigger, we learn to listen and wait for our turn. Who would have known we have physical movement to thank for that!
Studies have shown that active children tend to do better in school than the ones living a more sedentary lifestyle. Scientists have even proven that less time of doing homework and more time for physical activity does not affect the children’s overall grades in any way negative.
An active lifestyle for your children seems to be an important key to well-being.
Health benefits of physical activity for children in the ages 6-17:
- Overall improved physical condition
- Increased muscle strength
- Improved skeletal health
- Cardiovascular health (lowering of high blood pressure and improved blood fat profile in children with high blood pressure and elevated blood fat)
- Metabolic health (some reduction in body fat in children and adolescents with weight or obesity)
- Increased self-esteem, less depression
- Improved school performance / test results at school
The health benefits of physical activity are expected to be greater than any risks.
Hur mycket fysisk aktivitet behöver barn och unga? Hagströmer, Maria, Karolinska Institutet